Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 18th



You didn’t have to get into me but it’s real

Now there’s no telling how I really feel

I got this Jones in me, hard like steel

My worlds spinnin’ from reel to reel

I can tell you, but how do you feel?

I love to gather each thought

And express

All of this jealousy and what not

I don’t stress

This life is real

One by one

I unload my (situations)

My soul needs, so I need

To be me & just do what I do

Even back in the day

I had a book or two

Had to spill a few lines

In ink, about the times

That a girl was going through

Thinkin’ & Feelin’

Tell me whats the meaning

Gotta stick to my goals

Keep doing what I do best

Don’t let it get under me

Keeping it on my vest

On my chest

Soulfully

My soul so needs

To just be me

I ain’t doing it to be in a magazine

Or to bust on to whateva’ scene

I just do it cause’ it’s been me

This is how I live free

I write my poetry

Take my pictures

Make my art

And read his (ayahs) and scriptures

Don’t make many friends

Stay outta’ worlds filled with drama

Never ending circles

Gotta go home and tell mama

That I’mma’ be all I can be

I’m gonna’ make a way

There’s gonna’ be better days

So don’t ever let them fade

Your style is so sweet

Thank you for raising me

I love you mama

This is my life

No criminal sh*t

That’s subliminal shit

I am an original chick…

- 18/11/2008

No comments: