Thursday, November 17, 2011

Untitled




I was there when ya’ll got into the streets

I was lost in the dark while ya’ll home with food to eat

I was messin’ with the wrong dudes layin’ in they sheets

I stop connectin’ with those hood girls who always causin’ beef

Everywhere I go somebody know something about me

Tell me did I make it this way, how did this come to be

That you and me would only stay together, for the love of money

For the love of the streets

Who sheltered many without a home

For the need to survive

We strugglin’ just to get by

I say a prayer for my closest

Look at him again, in his eye

Hope to heaven one day we’ll make it

One day we’ll fly, (or i’ll fly without you

Because your love was a lie)

Sometimes it’s necessary for one to be hurt so

That they can gather & rise from under the rubble

Figure out how to regain conscious and fight the struggle

The Lord will be your guide

Trust in him to surpass the trouble

I know it gets tough

& It’s easy to feel forgotten

But all you have is your word

& No one’s going to forget that…

- 00/00/2008

No comments: