Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Untitled




Theres 3 sides to every story

Theres me, my opinion and the truth

Now when I was real small

I used to live up in Grandmas house, 2 stories tall

And in the back, there was a spot to play ball

Ma’ used to work 9 to 5 at the mall

Her favorite pass-time was shoppin’ at the mall

She see some shoes, she gotta have em’ all

When I was young, I didn’t understand

See kids hungry, shoe laces as belts

& I used to not know how they felt

I didn’t have a father

& Thats no excuse

To not be educated

& Grow smarter

Ma’ used to dine out

3 dishes & a starter

I always thought

When I was 18

I was gon’ part from her

Theres 3 sides to every story

We always moved around, house to house

Apartment to apartment, North to South

Block to block, packin’ up and movin’ out

I always got familiar with my surroundings

I slowly saw more, learned some wrong things

& I was always good at problem solving

But couldn’t figure out why we was broke & starving

3 sides to every story

Father forgive me, I am truly sorry

But I got’s to get it while I can

Move smooth, feel it go through my hand

I have dreams, I’mma’ make it if i can

Met the love of my life, take my hand

For you I want to be all that I can

& I know you got your ways, your a man

Simplicity is key, Lets perfect ourselves and

You and me can share fantasies in other lands…

- 08/08/2007

No comments: