Sunday, April 1, 2012

Be Yourself...

Mentally stressed
Do what I do best
I don't even know what to say
It's all in the wind
It's blown away
Hopin' you would come and say
All the things I been needing to hear
Needing you near
But it's just a memory
Over, disconnected
Like your phone
Remember when
When you used
To leave me all alone
& I would patiently wait
Wait for you to come home
What a dog's world we live in
Everybody just trying to eat
Hungry for better health
And self knowledge
Is how it really should be
But their motives
Money makes so much sense to them
How many have you lost
To that mind-state
& Can we just elevate them
Got me off mine
Girl, I'm ready to stand up
These are my rights
Naw, I ain't gonna
Let no man touch
You must be out your mind
Told you so many times
Like they should have told me
Too much going on right now
I gotta get back to the old me
The real me, be myself.