Sunday, April 1, 2012

Why Do You Smile ?

I know what you're thinking
You're at a loss
When I'm sad & lonely
I holla @ the boss
My one and only mother
Ashamed to have hurt her
Pray for forgiveness
Nothing major
But major's a witness
Of all the things I've done
All the times I felt lost
Who would have known
That I would come to find myself
True Happiness they can't take from me
My heart loves and it loves
I pray you'll find another way
& Maybe someday come to say
That you love me babe
You always have to let them go
Damn, It never felt this good before
Cause I feel you here in spirit
Simple words, I love when I hear it
Sad to say I need space
Cause I have to focus on me, this face
Won't be showing no lies
Nothing to hide
Take what you wanna take
These are my innermost feelings
& You won't make me break
Dealing with fate
& What kind of future I'll have
Cuttin' back on the negatives
& All that is bad
You need to move the fuck on
Cause I'm not interested
Ain't judging you
I know you'll get this when I say
I truly believe that Islam is the way
& I ask Allah, please do not let me stray
Allow me to be me, each and every day
Because I smile just knowing
That you're helping me find my way.
In Sh' Allah there will come a day
When all of the good things I pray
Will become a reality for the next today...